This is a sometimes 'cheesey' blog about British and American politics and anything else which tickles my fancy!

Thursday, 15 May 2008

Purnell - one to watch.

Interesting puff piece in The Spectator today about James Purnell, the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Read it here.

It argues he is the right man to stage a leadership challenge. I am glad that other people have recognised Purnell as one to watch - it is not just me then. I think he is great.

But it is too soon for a new leader and not the solution to Labour's problems. I still think Brown deserves more time. Incidentally, it was a good day for him across the media today - starting off on the Today show where he spelt out the government's agenda over the coming months.

More days like this please.

But Purnell - one to to watch.

No comments: