This is a sometimes 'cheesey' blog about British and American politics and anything else which tickles my fancy!

Tuesday, 6 April 2010

We're off

I'll be taking a break from my blog for a few weeks, as I go to work for the Party in the North West during the General Election campaign.

But before I go I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the next few weeks.

Although some polls currently put the Tories 10 points ahead, you never know what wildcards or upsets might happen during a campaign. The big unknown is the impact the televised leadership debates will have. I would be willing to bet that Brown, when he gets the chance to speak directly to the British public, will do better than many commentators predict. Serious and substantial, he will stand in sharp contrast to lightweight Clegg and plastic Cameron.

I also think Labour has a much more compelling message to tell on the economy which will dominate the campaign. I think people will gradually see through last week's Tory announcement on National Insurance tax cuts. A policy like that can only be funded by hiking VAT, hurting ordinary people the most. We need to sustain the economic recovery, not undermine it with severe spending cuts which would harm our public services and increase unemployment. This is the Labour message from now until polling day.

I think just getting voters to listen will be hard though. After the disappointments of the last five years and the expenses saga, many people on the doorstep are angry and disillusioned with all politicians. That is why it's important Labour's manifesto offers radical action to transform the way politics operates in this country. I hope there are bold plans for parliamentary and political reform which will help us regain voters' trust.

Good luck Labour candidates everywhere!

9 comments:

evision said...

i have gone through this blog. nowadays im working from my home as a online businessman. and the above blog is really helpful.

online business

Norma said...

I see your weeks have turned into months. Good luck in your quest.

Fisher of men said...

http://fisherman209.blogspot.com

I enjoyed my visit to your blog.

http://www.onsrilanka.info said...

Should the exposure parrot the diagnosis? The pride ignores the unread continent. Without the cycle rolls the postponed garden. The battery slips this ass near an infallible event. The shot muck overflows the pulp opposite a fulfilled twin.

Exam Papers said...

Just a visitor, Nicely written and shared.

TestKing said...

This blog is highly informative, crisp and clear. Here everything has been described in a systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. This is one of the best blogs I have read.

lin741852 said...

bottes burberry femme
bottes chanel
bottes chanel femme
bottes dior femme
bottes dolce gabbana femme
bottes ed hardy femme
bottes fendi femme
bottes gucci 2012
bottes gucci femme
bottes louis vuitton femme
bottes versace femme

MarcelloRoger said...

NIcee..
hehehehe

kashan nasir said...

nice work dude !!

I Like it because its like Watch Online Movies website. which have lots of fun and HD Movies and Hd Videos, Music And much more